Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing, or SMM, is a form of internet marketing that involves creating and sharing content on social media networks in order to achieve your marketing and branding goals. Social media marketing includes activities like posting text and image updates, videos, and and other content that drives audience engagement, as well as paid social media advertising.
How Social Media Marketing Can Help You Meet Your Marketing Goals
Social media marketing is great when it comes to starting a conversation directly with your customer. But it can also help with a number of other marketing goals:
- Increase website traffic.
- Improve brand trust.
- Improve conversions.
- Raise brand awareness.
- Create a brand identity and positive brand association.
- Improve communication and interaction with key audiences.
The bigger and more engaged your audience is on social media networks, the easier it will be for you to achieve every other marketing goal on your list.
Which social media platform is best for my business?
Well, that's easy; I'll answer that with another question - "Which social media platform are your customers using?"
Once we determine that, we know with confidence which social media platform to best use in order to reach the widest customer base most effectively.
Facebook’s casual, friendly environment requires an active social media marketing strategy. Organic reach on Facebook can be extremely limited, so consider a cost-effective Facebook ad strategy.
LinkedIn is one of the more professional social media marketing sites. It is a great venue for entering into a professional dialog with people in similar industries. It's also great for posting jobs and general employee networking.
Instagram is a great platform for businesses whose audience is more creative, and visually stimulated. Food, beauty, lifestyle, etc do well on this platform. Beautiful imagery and video reign on this powerful growing platform.
YouTube is the number one place for creating and sharing video content, and it can be an incredibly powerful social media marketing tool. We'll focus on creating useful, instructive “how-to” videos that rank on the video search results of Google.
How I can help you reach more customers with social media marketing
- Social Media Content Planning — Building a social media marketing plan is essential. I'll consider keyword research and competitive research for content that will interest your target audience.
- Great Social Content — Consistent with other areas of online marketing, content reigns supreme when it comes to social media marketing. I'll ensure there are regular posts that offer truly valuable information that your ideal customers will find helpful and interesting. The content that I share on your social networks can include social media images, videos, infographics, how-to guides and more.
- A Consistent Brand Image — Using social media for marketing enables your business to project your brand image across a variety of different social media platforms. While each platform has its own unique environment and voice, I'll ensure your business’s core identity, whether it's friendly, fun, or trustworthy, should stay consistent.
- Social Media for Content Promotion — Social media marketing is a perfect channel for sharing your best site and blog content with readers. Blogs, articles, videos, promotions, etc an all be shared across your social media platforms.
- Sharing Curated Links — While using social media for marketing is a great way to leverage your own unique, original content to gain followers, fans, and devotees, it’s also an opportunity to link to outside articles as well. If other sources provide great, valuable information you think your target audience will enjoy, I will curate and link to outside sources improves trust and reliability, and we may even get some links in return.
- Measuring Success with Analytics — We can’t determine the success of the social media marketing strategy without tracking data. I monitor the analytics within each social platform for even more insight into which of your social content is performing best with your audience.
- Social Media Crisis Management — Things don't always go swimmingly for brands on social media. It's best to have a playbook in place so your employees know how to handle a snafu. I can put together a guide for employees on how to handle social media meltdowns, or I can handle them professionally for you.